Our passion for individualized education is what makes our school thrive. Our faculty and staff are vital to our organization and valued at every level. If you're interested in joining our team, submit your resume for one of our available positions below and we look forward to talking with you.
Please submit your resume via email or by fax to (863) 676-8297 for consideration.
Our policy is to treat all employees and applicants for employment fairly. Employment with The Vanguard School will be determined on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and not by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, or veteran status. The administration of all personnel matters, such as: employee communications, compensation, benefits, transfers, education, and social/recreational programs will be free from any discriminatory practices.
The Vanguard School, a private, non-profit, coeducational boarding school, is currently accepting applications for a CFO/HR Manager. The CFO/HR Manager works with the Head of School to provide strategic direction and implementation of all matters relating to finances, budget preparation, facilities, planning and construction, legal, human resources, and related policy formulation and interpretation.
- Ensures the safekeeping of the School's assets and the integrity of the accounting records, and provides accurate and timely financial information to the Head of School and Trustees on school operations.
- Manages and directs the annual operating budget, including supervising the day-to-day business function.
- Assures up-to-date and equitable policies and procedural plans for salaries, wages, benefits, and all conditions of employment for school employees.
- Oversees the school's endowment, executes endowment and investment policy, monitors and controls investment decisions with the Board Investment Committee; coordinates with endowment consultants, investment managers, and custodian ensuring effective endowment allocations, performance, and reporting.
- Collaborates with general counsel and/or insurance broker regarding all Risk Management matters.
The CFO/HR Manager will have at least 2 years experience in a business office at a non-profit or independent school. Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance (MBA is desirable). Experience with Senior Systems software is preferred. School and Employment law experience is preferable.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Mr. Harold Maready.
The Vanguard School of Lake Wales is currently accepting applications for the position of Admissions Associate. The Admissions Associate’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Representing Vanguard in a positive and professional manner by acting as the first point of contact for prospective students and their families
- Promoting Vanguard by attending school fairs, conferences, and giving presentations to the public
- Answering incoming admissions inquiries in a prompt manner via phone and email
- Scheduling and conducting campus tours for prospective students and their families
- Preparing marketing material packets and enrollment kits
- Completing mail outs to educational consultants
- Goal-oriented with the ability to build relationships with potential students and families
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will periodically require some evenings and weekends – especially during special events or projects (Regular hours for the position are Mon-Fri 8 am – 4:30 pm)
- Punctual, Responsible, Ethical, and a Team Player
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Able to work in fast paced and constantly changing environment and be a self-starter
- Basic Microsoft Outlook knowledge
- Intermediate Skills with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Associate’s Degree
Please send cover letter and resume to Ms. Candi Medeiros.