Academic Day Dress Code
The purpose of the dress code is to set forth guidelines for permissible clothing/items to be worn during the academic day. The style of dress should neither interfere with the student’s work, nor be a distraction to others. The dress code is in effect from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. and includes breaks, lunch, and off-campus academic trips.
1. Students are required to wear clothes that fit appropriately and clothes that help to promote a positive atmosphere for teaching and learning.
2. Student shirts, tops and blouses shall have sleeves.
3. Hats are not worn in school buildings during the academic day.
4. Flip-flops are not acceptable foot wear for school.
5. Students are to dress so that underwear, waist line, and stomach are covered. Low cut shirts, blouses or tops that expose cleavage are prohibited.
Clothing (including accessories and outerwear) must not be offensive due to any profanity, vulgar language, or other symbolism found on the apparel item. Examples include, but are not limited to swastikas, drug references, alcohol references, symbols traditionally associated with slavery or the oppression of any ethnic or cultural group.