Our passion for individualized education is what makes our school thrive. Our faculty and staff are vital to our organization and valued at every level. If you're interested in joining our team, submit your resume for one of our available positions below and we look forward to talking with you.
Please submit your resume via email or by fax to (863) 676-8297 for consideration. No phone calls please.
Our policy is to treat all employees and applicants for employment fairly. Employment with The Vanguard School will be determined on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications; and not by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, or veteran status. The administration of all personnel matters, such as: employee communications, compensation, benefits, transfers, education, and social/recreational programs will be free from any discriminatory practices.
Middle and Upper School Instructors
The Vanguard School of Lake Wales is currently seeking dynamic and innovative instructors to join our middle and upper school teams for the fall. Ideally, eligible candidates will possess:
- Experience in teaching (6-12 grade).
- Demonstrate familiarity with remediation strategies for struggling learners.
- Enjoy small class sizes.
Our most successful teachers are those who are committed to their own learning and are willing to go above and beyond to educate the whole student. Certification and technology experience preferred.
To learn more about the Vanguard School, please see our website: www.vanguardschool.org
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Ms. Marya Marcum-Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vanguard School of Lake Wales is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of our 77-acre campus. The candidate will perform a variety of maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, HVAC installations, landscaping etc.
A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines.
The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of 3 phase electrical systems
- General carpentry
- A/C repair
- Key and locksmith maintenance for all campus buildings
- Lawn care with experience in commercial lawn maintenance
- Irrigation maintenance and repair
- Pool maintenance and equipment upkeep
- Waste water maintenance including lift station and treatment plant upkeep
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Proven experience as Maintenance Technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Mr. Harold Maready at email@example.com
The Vanguard School of Lake Wales is currently seeking Nursing Personnel to join our dynamic Vanguard family. Eligible candidates must have current LPN or higher certification/license. Job duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing medication administration, and follow health care procedures
- Provide healthcare to students ages 11+
- Perform health screenings
- Coordinate referrals to private healthcare providers and behavioral health providers
- Serve as liaisons between school personnel, family, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment
- Actively participating in school safety plans and emergencies that may occur at school
- Computer/technology experience preferred
Ideal candidates are team players, has experience working with adolescence healthcare, adhere to ethical compliance and confidentiality, energetic and flexible. Must pass background screening and drug testing for eligibility for employment.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Mr. Albert Alexander at Albert.Alexander@vanguardschool.org