The Vanguard School utilizes Sage Dining as its food service provider. For over 25 years, Sage Dining has been cooking meals for independent schools and colleges. They pride themselves in helping their clients maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- They cook primarily from scratch, reducing use of processed foods.
- They grill, bake, broil or saute to avoid frying.
- They use fresh and frozen vegetables to maximize nutritional value.
- They use fresh, ground beef that contains no lean, finely textured beef (LFTB)
- They offer meatless entrees daily.
- They offer fresh salads and fresh fruit daily.
- They offer a variety of whole-grain breads, bagels and rolls.
- They offer a complete deli bar daily, with a low-fat selection.
- They offer 2% and skim milk at all locations.
- They offer 100% fruit juice.
- They cook with trans fat-free oils, such as olive and canola.
- They use MSG-free seasonings.
- They use a variety of herbs and spices to reduce the use of salt.
You can learn more about Sage Dining at their website, or download the Touch of Sage app to track meals.