Vanguard opened its doors on February 1, 1966, in Lake Wales, Florida, to a class of six students. From that humble beginning, Vanguard has grown into an internationally recognized and fully accredited learning institution with a maximum enrollment of 140 students. We started with just one building, and have grown to a 77-acre campus with four dorms, three school buildings, a media center/library, cafeteria, gym, fitness center, performing arts center and much more.
The Vanguard School is a fully accredited (SACS - AdvancED, FCIS), co-educational, boarding and day school for students in grades 6-12. Since 1966, The Vanguard School has specialized in educating students who experience academic learning challenges in an environment that acknowledges their differences, celebrates their strengths, and assists them in transitioning into higher educational opportunities and independent living. We understand that each child learns differently, and we provide an individualized educational environment for students to learn.
Most commonly, our students experience difficulties with:
Auditory Processing Disorder
The Vanguard School Offers...
- Academic Class Sizes that Average 6-10 Students
- Individualized Learning Paths for Each Student
- Academic and Residential Mentors to monitor your child's progress
- Targeted Reading Program
- Wide Range of Elective Courses Including Performing Arts
- Collaborative Learning
- Partnerships with Local Colleges and Technical Schools for Dual-Enrollment and Post-Secondary Options
- College and Career Preparation
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Social Skills Professional
- Health Services, Nursing Staff and Support, and Medication Management
Check out our View of Vanguard book and follow us here.
Established in Lake Wales, Florida
Student to Faculty Ratio
Grade Students Welcome